Koléa University Center, Tipaza | email@example.com | (+213) 024 38 00 42
- The university library has become one of the basic criteria that leads to the evaluation of the parent institution (university) and is one of the important ingredients in the evaluation of the university.
- The university library is the repository of intellectual, scientific, and academic property for a university, and I cannot imagine a university without a university library serving its purposes and objectives.
- The library is the backbone of the school, and a major and essential element in the teaching process.
- Founded at the foundation of the school in 1900. After independence, it has experienced several changes and major renovations.
- It is specialized and linked to the fields taught at the school.
- The first role of the Higher School of Commerce library is to support and promote teaching and research activities and facilitate access to various documents.
- It identifies and makes accessible the essential documentary resources for students and researchers.
The library is composed of a director and 3 heads of departments:
- Acquisition and processing
- Bibliographic research
- Reception and guidance
The library currently has a diverse collection of books in Arabic, French and English, equivalent to 441,000 copies, including 15,000 titles that cover all the specialties of the school.
It also has an important and up-to-date collection of magazines in the following fields: accounting, economics, finance, law, marketing and general culture, etc.
In addition to university works: doctoral dissertations, master’s degrees and PGS.
Library opening hours:
- For ESC students:
- Sunday to Thursday (except Wednesday): 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Thursday: 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- For other students (visitors):
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM for book consultation.
- Wednesday and Thursday for consultation of doctoral dissertations and master’s theses.
In this case, the student must have:
- Student ID card,
- Permission from the institute or university of origin,
- Identity card.
Students must comply with the library’s internal regulations in order to ensure them a better service.
The library fonds contains (2014 statistics):