Koléa University Center, Tipaza | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+213) 024 38 00 42
- Department of Management
- This is a teaching and research unit providing courses in management in the second cycle.
- Access to the second cycle is subject to the success of the national admission exam for the benefit of students who have successfully completed two (2) years of preparatory studies. It offers a speciality entitled “OME: Organisation and Management of Enterprises”.
- Access to the OME specialty is subject to the successful completion of the common core courses in the second cycle.
- The OME specialty lead to a Master’s degree in management sciences.
- The OME specialty are spread over four (4) semesters, i.e. two (2) years of specialty.
- The Head of the Management Department is appointed by order of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research by proposal from the Director of the School
- The head of department is responsible for the pedagogical and administrative
functioning of the department.
- The Department of Management has:
- A Scientific Committee of the Management Department CSDM.
- Two Pedagogical Committees of the Course CPPO.
- The scientific committee of the department includes, in addition to the head of
department, six (6) representatives of the teachers who are elected by their colleagues. It meets at least three times per academic year.
- The pedagogical committee of the course includes, in addition to the head of department all the teachers involved in the OME specialty, and two student representatives from one year of the course.
– There are two (2) Pedagogical Committees: one CPP for the first two semesters of the course, and a second one for the other two semesters.
- Objective and competences: The Master’s degree in OME offers a global
approach to management and issues related to the direction and management of a company to enable:
- The acquisition of organisation and management skills of different economic, administrative and industrial organisations.
- Theoretical knowledge and mastery of practical tools in the main fields related to business management.
- To make the graduates of this Master’s degree capable of participating in the technical
- as well as the non-technical activities of their job.
- Specific features of the course:
- A solid educational programme supported by a specialised teaching staff.
- Strong interaction with the scientific environment: the teaching team includes many teachers who are authors of several scientific research articles in the management field, and who lead scientific meetings in the field of management.
- A relationship with the socio-economic environment: Two compulsory internships during the course: a discovery internship, and an internship to prepare the master dissertation.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of this Master’s degree are likely to hold various positions in multinationals, SMEs, consulting firms, banks, international agencies, central administrations, local authorities, executive agencies:
- Research Manager
- Planning Officer
- Organisation of studies in the OME Master’s programme: The pedagogical organisation of the OME specialty is divided into four semesters:
- The first three semesters are devoted to theoretical and practical learning of the foundations of management and all the necessary tools (methodological and decision support tools ……).
- The fourth semester is devoted to the elaboration of an end-of-study dissertation under the supervision of a faculty professor involved in the course.
- The teaching programme of each semester (of the three semesters) is organised in:
- Fundamental Teaching Unit,
- Methodological Teaching Unit,
- Transversal and Discovery Teaching Units.
- And each Teaching Unit is made up of one or more courses taught in different ways: lectures, tutorials, practical work, conferences and seminars.